Saturday, September 21, 2013

Amazing Dream

First, I was walking around to talk to everyone about my career change. I said that I was restless, that I wanted to make a change to what I was doing. I was considering all kinds of options, incluidng a move to a different geography. I was looking for something I could do for the rest of my life that would engage me.

One idea was to go back to law school. One idea was to become a pharmacologist. I was talking to Jim Hill from high school who is an attorney. I asked him how hard law school really was, and he said it wasn't the classwork, it was the performanc aspect thata was the real challenge.

Then I asked him, if he had it to do over and money was no consideration, where wouldl he go to law school. I expected him to say Yale or Harvard. Buyt he surprised me by starting to wax eloquent about a small school outside o Churchill Downs. And I realized that he was talking about a little school in the heart of Kentucky, hardly a place I would consider as a legal hotbed. And I realized that what mattered most was the passion, the mindset of the school. The way they would form my thinking, not the name on the diploma.

Wow, that single idea is rich with more to explore. That's the important part of what I'm doing. I'm teaching people a mindset that will help them to succeed more than single tactics or quick tricks. Thats my real business strength. That's what sets me apart from others.

Now, the comment that Anita made to me yesterday, about how she looked at everything from the customer perspectrive, and how she created a whole set of items at once instead of th thing right in front of her becase I've trained her to think about the bigger picture, the entire process. That is actually one o the best things anyone has ever told me as feedback about the value o my work.

So in my dream, I realized that I was going to look for the subtle qualities of where I wanted to go for my career change. I was going to find an amazing place that maybe wasn't on th emap, so to speak, but offered something special. Someithing signiicant.

My next thought was: seeing myusel moving to Churchill Downs for school for several years, living in a small community, soaking up- the experinece, allowing mysel to be chnged forever by the experience of that life.

The next thought was: how will I fund myself living while I go to school? This is where the magic happened.

I saw myself setting an intention and creating a stream of money to fund that exp-erience. I felt the electgrity o that experience. And I realized that with that intention, there were words: That I waqs setting myself up to prove that I could create something from nothing, and so, I would have to lose it all to rebuild it again. It was electric and it was creation, but it was limited and it had built into in a struggle.

And I lreaized that I've already lo9st everything, and that I was able to create things from nothing from where I am today. And with my arms out like a conductor, I made a bigger motion, the intention was bigger, the effect was biggter, and the results were huge. And not only huge, they didn't include tghe setup of energyto need to lose it to prove mysel again.

I saw beore me the jar system and realized that not only had I created the funds for myproject, I had created real wealth that I could use to power mysel to any goal I had. I could say that I remade myself from nothing to everything. And because I had already done it once, I didn'[t have to  prove it later.

Therre is a tie in here to the Tibetan monk story Donna told me about the diamondcutter business. It's about proving to myself that these principles work, and that I have mastered them because I have used them to create the impossible from a place where nothing else could have been working in my favor.. I know that I did it myself using these principles.

Tghen I had a vision for the product I saw today and a business model I can use to create an amazingh income stream or my business. I can use that product to act as an app developer for small businesses that are creating conetnt. I can give them a platform forcreatin an app that bypasses the normal develop0ment processes and gets themup and running right now without the time or expense or hassle of creating their own app. I can use this product to create income or myself that can be asymetric because no one needs to know how much effort it takes to create it. I can sell it for the value it provides to the business without regard to the efort I invest.

This is an important negotiating tool for me with this company.
Vision for cre3ating the funds to finance this change.

Shift between just getting the money and being funded. Power conducting.

Creating an income stream from the SW product by setting up and selling aps to content creators/curators.


No comments: