Saturday, May 04, 2002

Great Story

I found this great story on KaneBlues tonight. For several weeks, I have been reminded of a spiritual exercise that Sangeet told me about once. She was told that she could not ask anyone for anything for a long period of time, maybe a year. It was to show her that the universe delivers all that we need, and I'm sure, to help her to reduce her habit of doing for herself. While I'm not inclined to try this experiment myself, I do find myself at times thinking of this example, and thinking of the times when I am struggling to allow the universe to unfold before me. So often, I'm out there trying to rush things along, trying to facilitate the outcomes that I want, when really, no action on my part would be the most productive path. I think I hit these hard spots because I fear that what I want won't be given, that I'd better sneak and take what I want if I'm going to get it. I think sometimes that if I would just let things unfold, relationships blossom, people revolve in and out of my life, opportunities come and go, that I'll be unhappy with the results. I do believe that something will arrive for me, I'm just afraid that it would not be what I want. Maybe I'm starting to be ready to let go of some of that crap.

Help me to remember that when I'm still in my mind, body and spirit, I'm open to receive fully what I want. No one is out there editing my wish list. I get to want what I want.

No comments: