Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happy Days

I'm happy for no reason. Or rather, the reason that I'm happy is because I choose to be happy.

It's easy sometimes to focus on what's not quite right or what hasn't yet appeared in my life. But it only takes a little effort to switch from looking at those things to looking at all of the things that are good and right and pleasing.

As I write this, I'm sipping a big mug of hot tea, rose tea that I purchased at a time when I could indulge the little luxuries of that price point. And yet my life today is still filled with little luxuries. I can take a warm bubble bath any time I want and light the room up with candles. I can dry off with a fluffy towel and put on lotion that nourishes my skin and my soul. And this is just one little experience.

Today, I commit anew to raising the quality of my life in a conscious way. I choose to look for ways I can indulge my senses, refresh my mind, and recharge my soul in the small moments of my day. I can move from one luxurius small moment to another in my days. I can make my life to be anything I want.

My intention today is to focus my heart and mind on the lovely, luxurious elements of my life, and to string together those experiences into small moments where I feel the fullness of the abundance of the universe. I do this with the purpose of reconnecting my body, mind and spirit with the source of my life and my higher self. I do this to remember who I truly am in the midst of the life I'm currently living.

When I look at my life and my current situation from the perspective of my eternal soul, it seems like a grand adventure. And I wonder why I take some parts of it so seriously. It's not so serious. When my heart feels the burdens of responsibilities, I remember that I'm free and I choose to be here in this moment having this experience... and the burden lifts away and is replaced with joy.

It's about relaxing into the moment. It's about accepting things exactly as they are. It's about feeling the joy and beauty of what I want to create and letting it go, knowing that the universe is working to pull all of my dreams into my current  reality--and it doesn't need my help. In fact, my help isn't help at all. It's an anchor to the current moment, the one I'm really wanting to release it its perfect reality to allow the next moment to slip in.

Excellence. I want to bring a spirit of excellence with me into everything I do. I want to come from my wisdom and greet every situation, task and person with kindness, compassion, understanding, and attention to detail. Let my behavior show my intention to all who have eyes to see it. Let my actions ring true to the circle of my heart. Let my words land lightly and bring light to all who hear them. And let my works inspire others with their beauty and harmony to breathe in the abundance of the universe in that moment of time.

So it is.

No comments: